Flexi-Tile Partners With Damage Undone To Revitalise A Workshop Floor
Flexi-Tile share valuable insights from a garage workshop flooring refurbishment project with Wayne Beardmore of Damage Undone.
Our client, Wayne, was searching for a flooring solution that would resolve the many issues he was having with an old concrete workshop floor, when he discovered Flexi-Tile online – one of Europe’s leading manufacture and supplier of Industrial Flooring Solutions. After reading about some of our other garage installation projects and discovering the many features and benefits that Flexi-Tile PVC floor tiles offer, Wayne was convinced to contact one of our flooring experts to find out a little more….
Challenges With Painted Workshop Floors
The issues Wayne identified with his painted concrete garage floor are all common challenges frequently raised by our customers.
- Stains and discolouration – Oil, grease and chemical spills were causing the concrete floor to old and run down. Paint can be less resistant to these substances meaning its appearance is much harder to maintain.
- Peeling and delamination – Moisture, oil and contaminants were causing the paint to lose adhesion and easily peel away, resulting in time consuming maintenance and repair jobs to be frequently carried out.
- Repeated surface preparation – Our client was having to continuously clean, etch and prime the painted concrete floor before each repaint job, which was taking many man hours to complete.
- Slippery when wet – Painted concrete floor are known for being slippery when wet, something which our client also mentioned, and adding non-slip additives to paint adds additional costs.
Flexi-Tile Advantages Over Painted Concrete Floors
Wayne was determined to find a durable, long-term flooring solution and a garage floor that he could easily install himself. Wayne emphasized to our flooring experts that the floor needed to withstand workshop machinery, vehicles and tools. Frustrated with his current deteriorating painted floor, our client wanted to improve the overall look of the garage space.
Whilst this list of requirements might seem substantial, Flexi-Tile met and exceeded all his requirements.
- Durability: Flexi-Tile interlocking tiles are robust and come with a 10-year guarantee, capable of bearing heavy loads without chipping, cracking, or peeling.
- Easy Installation: Installing Flexi-Tile is quick and straightforward, requiring no special skills, tools or messy paint applications.
- Low Maintenance: These tiles resist stains, oils and chemicals, making cleaning and maintenance much easier compared to painted concrete floors, preventing stains and discolouration.
- Slip Resistance: Flexi-Tile tiles are designed with R10 anti-slip features to enhance safety with added traction.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Available in various colours, patterns and textures with added ramps and corners to match.
- Long-Term Cost Savings: While initial costs may be more expensive than paint, the long-term savings arise from their durability and minimal maintenance requirements.
- Comfort: Flexi-Tile provides a more comfortable and softer surface underfoot compared to concrete. Additionally, these PVC floor tiles help insulate against cold, making them ideal for workshops and outdoor garage areas.
The Project Transformation
Wayne’s decision to partner with Flexi-Tile proved to be a success. Wayne chose the Flexi-Tile 7mm Industrial tiles in a dark grey textured finish. To clearly define the workshop entrance and add a touch of visual distinction, Wayne incorporated Flexi-Tile ramps in vibrant red colour.
Wayne kindly documented his garage floor installation project with Flexi-Tile and the result speak for themselves.
Features and benefits:
- 10-year wear guarantee
- Easily and quickly cleaned
- Minimal floor preparation before installing
- No need for adhesives under tiles
- Impact resistant against gym & weights equipment
- Available in various colours and finishes
- Anti-Slip R10 certified
- Stain resistant
- Impact resistant
- Reaction to fire performance BFL-S1
- Sound and heat insulation properties
Flexi-Tile Garage Flooring Range
- Flexi-Tile 5mm Standard tiles
- Flexi-Tile 7mm Industrial tiles
- Flexi-Tile 5mm Granite finish tile
- Flexi-Tile Ramps and Corners
Order a FREE sample
Fill out your name and address details and we will post you a sample. Click here to request a sample