Flexi-Tile Installation Guide
We recommend that Flexi-Tiles are placed in the room where they are to be fitted for 24 hours prior to installation. This allows the tiles to acclimatise to their environment. In some cases where there are extreme variances in temperature or direct sunlight, Flexi-Tiles may need to be glued down, as the intense heat will cause them to shrink or expand. We recommend using a suitable polyurethane (PU) adhesive. Flexi-Tile can be installed on any floor that is clean, level and firm. Brush the existing floor to make sure the floor is clean of dust and dirt.
- Measure the length & width of the room and divide the dimensions in two.
- Locate & mark the centre of the room – This is the approximate starting point for the installation
- Check the number of tiles required to reach the walls in each direction. Remember you can cut the tiles to fit.
- Draw a chalk-line through the start point parallel to the longest dimension. This is to act as a guide for keeping tiles parallel to the walls. To ensure the line is parallel to the walls, measure out from the wall near each end of the room, mark the points on the floor and draw the chalk-line between the points.
- Starting from the middle of the room begin to lay the tiles. – It is advisable to set the tiles down first – lay them out on the floor before you proceed to fit them together
- Using the rubber mallet, tap the tiles together starting from the corners and working out.
- Leave approximately 5mm expansion gap between the tiles and the walls or any fixed point. This is very important.
- Once all the full tiles have been laid it is advisable to wait approximately 24 hours before finishing the edge sections.
Flexi-Tiles can be loose laid in areas where:
- Four-wheeled forklift trucks with rubber tyres not carrying more than 1 tonne
- Three-wheeled forklift trucks with rubber tyres not carrying more than 800kg
- Pallet trucks not carrying more than 800kg
- Electric pallet trucks not carrying more than 700kg
Adhesive must be used in areas where:
- Forklift, Pallet or Electrical pallet trucks exceed acceptable weights for loose laying
- Forklift trucks with steel or nylon wheels are in use
- Three wheel forklifts with single rear wheel
- A reach truck is in use
- Exposed to significant temperature variation especially when extremely hot
- Exposed to direct sunlight
DEMANDEZ UNE COTATION
Cela vous prendra 2 minutes et nous nous assurerons de revenir vers vous en un temps trois mouvements avec des prix compétitifs.